Monday, October 25, 2010

AUSA annual meeting, fun and crowded as usual


Posted by John McHale
The Association of the U.S. Army (AUSA) Annual Meeting in Washington is one of my favorite shows to attend as a journalist. All the primes are there and you get access to many interesting programs in one place. Also where else can you check out a helicopter on the second floor of an exhibit booth -- Sikorsky Booth #2124.

I also enjoy visiting the rugged computer suppliers at AUSA, just to check out their latest rugged tablets and rugged PDAs. However, I have yet to be able to get them to let me take one home at night -- just to kick around, run my car over it etc. You know ... all things journalists do to test ruggedability.

I'm not the only AUSA fan as this year's event is crowded once again and not only with Army uniforms, but many engineers and business development men and women in dark business suits.

The down economy does not seem to affect attendance at this event. However, one exhibitor told me that the usually long wait list to get a place on the floor was only 20 this year and not 50. Hey there is still a wait list, not many shows can say that. Believe me.

No comments:

Post a Comment