Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Watch this space

Posted by Courtney E. Howard

Very soon, the staff of Military & Aerospace Electronics will launch The Mil & Aero Command Post, an online community devoted to you -- our colleagues in the mil-aero market. We invite you to join us and (hopefully thousands of) your peers in the online community right here, at http://www.milaero.com/.

I know... I've thought all the same things at one point or another. I don't have time. It won't be any fun. I expressed the same sentiments, and I'll admit it -- I was wrong.

It takes little time to connect with friends and colleagues in an online community. I joined such online community sites as LinkedIn, Facebook, and others. I took part in and contributed to the community, at first, for just a few minutes a couple times a week. After fleshing out my online profile, my own page, it didn't take long til I was getting messages, questions, postings, and just a friendly "hello" from old friends and colleagues in the industry.

Through online communities, I have reconnected with old acquaintances, learned new technologies, gained new insights, gotten questions answered, and had enlighting exchanges. All the while, I was also networking and, I would hope, helping contribute to, advance, or leave my mark on the community or the industry as a whole.

I hope you'll give it a try, and join the community at The Mil & Aero Command Post. You'll definitely find me there. C'mon in and say "hi."

No comments:

Post a Comment